1.You will need to have the following information ready to complete your LIR membership application:
- The legal name of your organization and legal form
- The legal address of your organization
- A digital copy of your official company registration papers
- Your full legal name as per your identification document
- Your registered address
- A digital copy of your passport or another valid identification document.
- Your billing address (if different from the legal address)
The email address to receive invoices
- Your EU-VAT number (if your organization is EU VAT-registered)
- Names and email addresses of people in your organization for administrative or technical questions
- An email address where users can contact you in case of network abuse
- Create a RIPE NCC Access account or if you already have one, Log in at https://my.ripe.net/#/public/membership
- Once you have signed up, RIPE will send you a link via email to activate your account. (only applicable to NEW users)
- Log in to your RIPE NCC Access account
- Navigate to the top right of the screen and click the icon
- Select the second option in the dropdown menu called “LIR Portal”
- Select “how to apply” in the “Become a Member” block on the right
- Select “Join the RIPE NCC”
- Select “Join using this account”
- Agree to the Privacy Terms
- Select “I want to become a RIPE NCC member” and click continue
- Fill in the applicable legal information, billing information, communication preferences and public profile.
- RIPE NCC will assign a ticket number once your request has been received – please use this ticket number whenever communicating with the RIPE support team during the set up of your LIR account. The ticket number will become invalid after your LIR account is ready to go.
- RIPE NCC will now review your application and may ask for additional information. Once RIPE NCC is satisfied, they will create an internal registry file for your LIR and issue a registry identifier (Reg-ID) that will be used to identify you as an LIR.
- RIPE NCC will then send an invoice to you for the sign-up fee (EUR 1000) and the annual fee (EUR 1,400). You will need to pay the fee as soon as possible– See fee schedule here https://www.ripe.net/participate/member-support/payment
- The next step is to supply RIPE NCC with two copies of the service agreement (please see service agreement on page 3) as well as a copy of your organization’s registration.
- The service agreement needs to be signed by someone within your organization that has authority to do so such as the director / CEO/ COO / CIO.
- If your company registration is not in English, please include an English translation.
- Please email the signed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIPE NCC will countersign the agreement and send a copy back to you.
- Upon receipt of the signed service agreement, all necessary legal documents and fees, your membership will be changed to LIR status.